Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Finding the smart way of living

An NYTimes article about Mr. Obama's teaching experience in UChicago Law School really made me believe that he IS smart. He knows how to test ideas with a "lay low" attitude and to be safe. He got the right place---university classrooms.

It is good to think loud and make others hear your belief such as "I have a dream..." by Dr. King. The place where you can do this is sexy. I have been tangoing with many great opportunities presented in my life and trial with different career path but I found the road sign at all crossings pointing to the same direction---classrooms.

Dr. Zhan Gao, the CEO of www.haoyisheng.com, a very wise and successful entrepreneur told me that all routines are tedious, nobody would enjoy it if working like a machine, however the job satisfaction really came from the impact you would make after completing the routine work. I agree with him.

I can imagine myself loving the interaction with students and facilitating debates over controversial topics. No moments will be tedious with a career you deem as an essential part of life itself. It is not something you pay your labor to earn a living. It is the way of living, a smart way.

No comments: